Saturday, November 26, 2011

Blog worthy day

I can't help but blog about my sweet Isaac today!  I was working on Christmas decorations this afternoon while Samy and Luke were both asleep and Isaac was just hanging out in the room with me when he asked (totally out of the blue), "Mom, when did I say Jesus was my Savior?"  I said I wasn't sure he'd ever really said that and asked if he wanted to now.  He said something about being much younger than me, how I was 20 when I did.  Wow, I think I've only mentioned that once, but he's obviously been thinking.  So, I asked if he wanted to ask Jesus to be his Savior and he said yes!  I was so glad Keith was home.  We went out with Keith and prayed with our little guy.  Mommy was just trying not to cry :)  We're praying this is the day of his salvation and that he will walk with the Lord all his life! 

And this afternoon Isaac officially learned to ride his bike without training wheels! He's just growing up so much!
While I'm here, I'll just update on Isaac in general :)  We're plugging right away with our first year of home school.  Isaac's a smart fella, so it's been easy in that aspect.  It's certainly not been like I had envisioned...all those fun art projects and reading historical narratives just haven't happened.  We've stuck with phonics, math and grammar.  And then our Classical Conversations co-op too--which I guess is quite a bit more than most first graders are doing :)  I can't believe all the things these kids are memorizing!  We do a history timeline that goes from Creation to modern America.  We just made it to the ministry of Christ--56 cards so far, and Samy in particular can rattle them off with little hesitation!
The rest of life will have to be updated another day, I'm ready for bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment