Monday, October 20, 2008

The PC in DC

Saturday we had the opportunity to go down to DC with all the PC families and staff and our very own tour guide--a very, very generous man from Covenant Life who seems to know everything about history :o) He did an incredible job leading us through the monuments and memorials, giving us lots of interesting facts about them and the history behind them. It was also a great time to get to know everybody. We had a wonderful time!!

Keith and I thought it would be a bit much to ask Isaac and Samy to sit the stroller for so long, so we left them with a lady I met at Wal-Mart, seriously :o) Her son had on a Covenant Life shirt, so I introduced myself and we exchanged numbers. She called me in the midst of my sitter search, and when I asked her for suggestions, she graciously volunteered. The kids had such a good time with her kids that they didn't want to leave :o)
And I included pictures of the train in "Olde Town Gaithersburg" that we found on Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. How fun!! I can't believe it's so cold up there already! I'm just waiting to be able to put the girls in their cute little fall/winter clothes - but not today! We're still in shorts down here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks like you had a great day. Tell everyone we said hello! And tell Isaac Erika says hi!

    ReplyDelete