Thursday, February 12, 2009

It's been a while

We've been busy enjoying some warm weather up here in MD...well, warm compared to what it has been. Prior to the last couple months of 30s, 20s, and even some single digits I would have thought 50 degrees was cold, but it feels like spring now! Yesterday it was almost 70 and the kids and I spent the whole day outside and even had a picnic at the park. Last weekend we took them to this HUGE playground in Germantown that looks like a castle and a ship, and also has lots of animal statues, little cars to drive, adorable little houses, crazy swings, and a music section with different xylophone type things. Then we went for ice cream again :o) Not quite as cold as last time.

The kids have a new game where they poke the mud with sticks then wipe it on trees in our front yard-like area (its not technically our yard, but just in front of our house). They'll do it for hours and just laugh and laugh with each other, which makes me laugh. That has become one of the most precious things to me recently--seeing my children laugh together. I thank God as I watch their little friendship growing! Isaac was hitting Samy the other day and I asked him if he wanted to play by himself in his room and he burst into tears and said, "I want to play with Samy!"

The kids also love making "tunnels" out of blankets and pillows in the living room--something I can remember doing when I was little. While Isaac and Daddy build castles just so they can knock them down, Samy has started washing the dishes with me almost every night after dinner. Not much help, but its hard to say no to that sweet little "Please."

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Samy looks like such a big girl - she's growing too fast!! That park looks super cool! We've had some gorgeous weather and park days here the last week or so, too. Miss you tons and glad you put up some new pictures!!

    OH, and speaking of pictures, I got your mail today!!! Thanks so much!! ;)

    ReplyDelete