Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Scott & Bekah's Wedding

I had the pleasure of flying to Orlando this past weekend to be matron of honor in my dear friend Bekah's wedding. It was all a little strange: being without husband or kids for two and a half days, staying up until two in the morning talking with a girlfriend, being back at Metro (our old church), seeing Bekah & Scott finally get married. It's been a very long road for them and I was so thrilled to finally see them married :o)
We had a shower/bachelorette party on Thursday night that was lots of fun girl time drinking sparkling juice from pretty glasses in our glam dresses :o)
Friday was spent decorating the church building and at the rehearsal dinner site. Then the rehearsal that evening followed by a fun outdoors dinner with campfires.
Saturday was the big day and went by way too fast! Scott and Bekah had many unique things in their wedding that was totally their personalities, but the most original was that instead of getting in a car or horse and carriage or even something crazy like a hot air balloon, they just walked away :o) Their car was around the corner, but it was kind of funny to watch them just walk away!
My dear friend Dena took me back to the airport as soon as the happy couple walked off. I was so glad to get to spend a few minutes with her anyway :o)
It was a whirlwind of a weekend, but such a blessing to be a part of!! We love you guys!

2 comments:

  1. How fun to see pictures...and people from MLC! Wish I could have been in the picture with you and Dena =)!!! I'm so glad you were able to go and be a part of their special (and long awaited!) day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amanda! What great pictures - Tom and I were out of town and unable to make it. I'm so glad to see these beautiful, long-awaited pictures. I would have loved to have seen you too! :-( Oh, well! I hope you're doing well! Check out our Romantic Vineyard blog when you have a chance! You can get there by pasting this address: www.debiwalter.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete