Saturday, March 6, 2010

He remembers we are dust

We made it through one very unpleasant week around here. All four of us came down with one icky stomach bug. God was merciful in so many ways even through something so nasty as this! Isaac started things off last Saturday, and we're not really sure where he got it, maybe our Thursday gym time? Who knows! He wasn't so bad, only got sick a few times (after he ate). Then Keith started Monday night and it just knocked him out all day Tuesday with body aches and such. Tuesday night I went to check on Samy when Keith and I were headed for bed and she rolled over and got sick. God was so kind to wait until that moment! She was so disoriented and confused. I was so glad to be there and calm her down immediately and run her to the bathroom. I started just a couple hours later. It was a sleepless night. Samy was such a trooper though! I've never seen someone be so chipper after getting sick! Her aunt Michelle would be impressed :) We made her a little bed on our floor and Keith got her some soda. Her reaction, "Yummy! I like it so much!" She was thrilled to be sleeping in our room and you would not have guessed she had a stomach flu!
Wednesday was one of the most miserable days of my life. Worst than child birth b/c it was so constant and nothing good at the end :) But we're all on the mend now!
God was so merciful to keep us from all getting it at the same time! And He was so merciful in giving the kids grace for the day I couldn't move--they played perfectly by themselves all day!! Samy even cuddled up with me for a while to watch "Wives and Daughters." She was pointing out every lady with a dress on, which is all of them :) She is a hoot!
And God is certainly having mercy on my grocery budget! None of us have eaten much of anything the whole week.
"As a father shows compassion to his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him. For he knows our frame; he remembers that we are dust." Psalm 103:13-14

What a compassionate God we have! I'm grateful to be able to praise Him even in the midst of sickness!

No comments:

Post a Comment