Friday, May 15, 2009

Jonah was a prophet

If you've ever seen Veggie Tales' "Jonah" then you're certainly singing the song from the movie now :o)
Keith preached his first sermon a couple weeks ago! It was on Jonah 1 and God's Saving Purposes. I wasn't able to go with him that Sunday as he went with Bob Kauflin to Sovereign Grace Church of Frederick and the kids and I ended up being sick anyway. But I did get to go hear him give it in "sermon lab" the Friday before and then of course I listened to it online. It was so hard not to think about Veggie Tales while listening to him talk about Jonah--just one of those small trials of motherhood :o) But despite visions of Archibald Asparagus and the "pirates who don't do anything" running through my head I was so encouraged to be reminded that this story and the story of our lives isn't about us but about GOD and HIS purposes!
You can download his message here.

No comments:

Post a Comment