Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What will happen

We have a number of friends going through very serious and difficult trials right now. Trials I would like to pretend could never happen to me, but I'm sure they thought that too. Watching the effects of sin and the curse (in the form of sickness and disease) in those so close to me has brought a sobering desperation to my soul. The reality that my every breath is indeed dependent on the Lord and that apart from His grace I too would fall into a deep pit of sin is being driven home in my heart. I am grateful to God that He is meeting me in my desperate state and drawing me closer to Himself and giving me grace to trust Him for tomorrow and grace to be more like Him today! Where would I be apart from His amazing grace? Lord, may I never find out! What will happen tomorrow? Only God knows and it's much better that way.

I was affected by this quote from Elisabeth Elliot and thought I'd share that it might help you as it has helped me to cast my cares upon Him because He cares for us!
“Is it our business to pry into what may happen tomorrow? It is a difficult and painful exercise which saps the strength and uses up the time given us today. Once we give ourselves up to God, shall we attempt to get hold of what can never belong to us – tomorrow? Our lives are His, our times in His hand, He is Lord over what will happen, never mind what may happen. … If my life is once surrendered, all is well. Let me not grab it back, as though it were in peril in His hand but would be safer in mine!”
--Elisabeth Elliot “Keep a Quiet Heart”

No comments:

Post a Comment