Friday, July 18, 2008

YET I will rejoice!

Many of you probably know what a disappointing season the last few years have been for Keith and I. So many opportunities it appeared the Lord was opening instead closed; deals at work that looked like they were going to go through fell through instead; many hopes and dreams we have held in our hearts still remain there and not realized. I was struggling Monday morning when I dragged myself out of bed after a dream about another opportunity being lost. I sat and prayed before I opened my bible that God would encourage my heart with His truth and give me a right perspective. I opened to Habakkuk (we're going through the minor prophets in School of the Word at church) and began to read. In this book Habakkuk complains to the Lord, "Why aren't you doing anything about this situation?" (exactly where I was Monday morning) God essentially tells him, "Wait, consider who I am, and keep silent." (I think that answer is still applicable today!) The introduction my bible gives this book sums it up well: "God is not accountable to any person and is in no way obligated to comply with human ideas of how He should handle situations. He is completely wise and sovereign in all His dealings with men." I don't why I'm still astonished when God answers my prayers so directly, but I was :o) I hope as this season continues my heart will be more like the prophet Habakkuk who says, "Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior."
I am grateful for this season of much smaller trials than Habakkuk dealt with. God has done much in our hearts and lives and apparently He's not finished just yet :o) May we all end our list of things not being the way we think they should be with "YET I will rejoice in God my Savior!"

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this Amanda. I needed to hear this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you, my dear, dear friend! I love Habbakuk and what that book speaks about our LORD and Savior. He IS working out His PERFECT plan in your life and for sure, even if it doesn't seem like it right now =) your boundary lines are set in pleasant places. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty says....Amanda, Habbakuk is truly speaking to many these days! Be still and wait on the Lord for He is GREAT!!

    Love,
    Betty

    ReplyDelete