Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Three-Year Old's Prayers

We always pray with the kids before bed. Tonight I prayed with them both together (Keith is at care group) and then when I was tucking Isaac in he asked me to pray for him again. He said, "I like it when you pray." I told him he didn't need mommy or daddy to pray and that he could pray all by himself. He seemed a little surprised :) He asked me, "Where's God? Is He at church? Is He a bee? Is He hiding?" He makes me laugh! So after trying to explain something rather unexplainable, I kissed him goodnight and left. A few minutes later I listened at his door as he prayed. Melt a mother's heart!! He thanked God for everything: mommy and daddy and Samy, for putting us all together, beds, walls, bikes, trains, Lightning McQueen, Mr. Incredible, Veggie Tales, food, Grandma, Rachel (one of his sitters), elephant tents...seriously everything he could think of. I could hardly keep my laughter in! Then he very sweetly asked God to help him obey and to help mommy be patient. After he started recounting the Thomas the train video he watched today I quit listening :)
I could have cried. What a very precious moment I'm so grateful I got to listen in on!

4 comments:

  1. What a gift from God that you did not miss that moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so precious, Amanda!!!! So dear to be able to see Gospel fruit growing in your little ones....Ah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is soooo sweet! I sure do miss that little guy. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing for you to hear him pray like that. So special. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete